Friday, September 5, 2014

Wednesday, August 27, 2014, Southampton, England, Ruby Princess


We slept last night at a Premier Inn, a huge hotel chain across the UK.  They always have the BEST locations!  We are walking distance to the car rental and this shopping mall.  And we could walk to the cruise terminal if we weren't carrying half our closet!


In NZ we spent hours in the various phone stores.  In UK they don't have Verizon stores.....and for past 6 weeks, my iPhone has decided that I cannot use it without entering my password.....which I have done 3 different times.  I have finally run out of passwords and patience.  As luck would have it, there is an Apple store in this mall.  I have a 12:50 app't.


The second Amazon drop spot.  Thanks to David, we know what they are.



Random art in the mall


A "snack" to fortify myself for the Apple appointment...double caramel.


Fixed in 10 minutes!!!  And don't ask what was the problem...couldn't tell ya'


We are in the taxi, all duties, errands, driving, land journey finished....it is bittersweet.  Now on our way home, cruising for the next 26 days....leave the driving to Princess!


Southampton is not the prettiest port, but it is one of the busiest


The Crooners Bar will be one of our favorite spots for the next month....entertainment and best wine onboard, Chateauneuf du Pape.